|Closing date and time||Continuous|
|Department||Department of Education|
Job Details – Library Technician
This is a part-time position with the Department of Education. For more information on the Department of Education, please visit https://doe.sd.gov/.
This position is 20 hours per week with benefits.
The Digital Services Library Technician assists with digitization projects. The projects include scanning historical state documents, state agency reports, and other published government documents to make them available online to the public. The Library Technician prepares materials for scanning by separating items into manageable sections and assisting with scanning, OCRing, application of accessibility features.
library technician salary, Additionally, the Library Technician may assist with uploading digitized content into a digital repository. The position maintains statistics for Digital Services and reports to the head of Reference and Collection Services. library technician certificate, library technician jobs.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A high school diploma. Some college and/or library coursework is preferred. The ideal candidate will also have experience with common library tools such as Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Acrobat DC.
- principles, practices, techniques, and services of a library;
- basic record-keeping systems;
- photo editing software;
- various Microsoft Office products.
prepare statistical reports;
work as part of a team.
- Ability to:
- manage projects from inception to completion;
- deal tactfully with others;
- provide quality control of scanned materials;
- process and edit existing catalogue records;
- use a computer to load, edit, and store documents;
- proofread with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- organize work and set priorities with minimal direction;
- keep up to date with new technical development, equipment, and standards;
- lift and carry boxes of library materials;
- travel in-state;
- work independently.
- To be considered, please attach your resume and cover letter.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE –
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information please visit https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply at: https://scssdltmprod.agilera.net/ltm/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=4FN
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”
How to Apply- Library Technician
Applications accepted at https://scssdltmprod.agilera.net/ltm/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=4FN
|Agency||State of South Dakota|
|Address|| 500 East Capitol Avenue|
Pierre, South Dakota, 57501